Antineo determines the preclinical toxicity profile of your novel anticancer agents in a non-regulatory setting. We evaluate the clinical status of mice with the following criteria: loss of weight, prostration, fur status, reactivity.
We characterise the nontoxic dose of your compounds in two phases:
- Determination of a Dose Limiting Toxicity (DLT):
- Toxicity severe enough to limit dose escalation
- Escalating doses: one injection, increasing doses per group
- Determination of the Maximum Tolerated Dose:
- Highest dose without unacceptable side-effects
- Lowest dose inducing a 10% weight-loss when compared to control
We analyse the toxicity of your compounds in peripheral blood:
- Haematological toxicity (MS9-5V): measure of leucocytes, lymphocytes, monocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, erythrocyte parameters including hemoglobin, hematocrit, platelets
- Metabolic toxicity (Vetscan VS2 SCIL®): Alanin Amino Transferase (ALT), Albumin (ALB), Gamma Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT), Alkaline Phosphatase (PAL), Urea, Cholesterol, Biliary acids, total bilirubin etc.